Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Chrome issue

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LeperMessiah

LeperMessiah

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:46 AM

All of a sudden my google chrome's tab size and font size on pretty much all the pages became too big and the resolution has decreased drastically. Reinstalling, rebooting, fixing with extensions, adjusting overall screen resolution didn't help. None of the other programs are affected and display the resolution they had before. Thanks in advance guys. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:59 PM

Have you made any changes to the "Web Content" settings in the Chrome Advanced Settings?   Open Chrome Settings, scroll down to bottom of page and select "Show advanced settings."  You'll find the Web Content settings on the new page that opens.  The Zoom option may be set too high?  

Another thing to try is to press the F11 key in case you have accidentally hit it and gone into Full Screen mode.

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#3 LeperMessiah

LeperMessiah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:14 PM

Hmm, doesn't seem like anything has been changed. It says the zoom is at 100% and the font size is medium, which seems to be the way it used to be before. It just feels like the whole chrome window is zoomed in, not just the web pages. I think I've mentioned that even the tabs seems way too big, yet certain pages are fixed if I zoom out to 90%, however that doesn't really fix the resolution issue.

Edit: forgot to mention, playing around with the advanced setting didn't help much, unfortunately.

Edited by LeperMessiah, 27 August 2014 - 01:15 PM.

#4 Johnnyangeldavila

Johnnyangeldavila

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

Here is how to fix it bro. Go to your Chrome shortcut's properties (right click Chrome icon, go to Properties). Then in the "Target:" field, enter the text /high-dpi-support=1 /force-device-scale-factor=1. That is.

/high-dpi-support=1 /force-device-scale-factor=1

right after the closing quotation marks currently in that field. Make sure there's a space right after the closing quotation before you input the new text. Restart Chrome. Let me know if that works.

Here is a link to a picture just incase you need it. https://chromium.googlecode.com/issues/attachment?aid=3954250038000&name=traget.png&token=ABZ6GAfw5GPMrvIpOw6qxoqI5SvYwsukcA%3A1409172440599&inline=1

#5 LeperMessiah

LeperMessiah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:58 PM

Ah man that worked, thank you!

#6 LeperMessiah

LeperMessiah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:01 PM

Actually the only problem I spotted is that with certain applications chrome goes back to the maximized version and you have to do the process all over again while the application is running yet once you close the application it goes back to normal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users