Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

toshiba satellite laptop hard drive crashed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lcox

lcox

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:03 AM

Hi

Please could someone help. I have a toshiba satellite laptop windows 7 HP 64 bit OS for work and it has recently crashed. I have managed to save the files on it and have been trying to mend the hard drive with a recovery disc. The disc has been cleaning the drives C and D but it does not do anything more than that and now is going round and round in circles just going through the drives. When it does finish it just arrives at the blue screen with moving cursor nothing else. Is there anything else I can do to get the hard drive back other programs etc. I have tried it in safe mode and all the options on the repair computer screen when I press F8 as the laptop starts up but nothing seems to work cannot get past the blue screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks   

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Robert House

Robert House

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:30 AM

Hello, I'm so sorry to hear this happened.  I'm not one of the main experts here. I'll just say that you might try a disc recovery program to re-establish the boot system since you say the hard drive is moving data, but I can tell you through experience it sounds like a total breakdown of your operating systems hard drive.  If mechanical, there is little that can be done to save the hard drive but I'm hoping the experts here can give you advice on professional data retrieval systems that are available.

If it is valuable data and the company has the assets, the data no doubht can be retrieved.  In other words, if I were you I would not do any more writing or atttempt repairs myself on this computer's hard drive.  The less you do to it now, the better.

If you've have saved all the files then God Bless and go get a new hard drive for your computer.  This is not un-common, so you were of course prudent in backing up all your data ahead of time.

Edited by Robert House, 27 August 2014 - 10:43 AM.

#3 Frozwire

Frozwire

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:05 AM

I think other than just pointing the problem to your hard drive you may also have to check your RAM since you are experiencing blue screens.

"Encryption...is a powerful defensive weapon for free people. It offers a technical guarantee of privacy, regardless of who is running the government... It's hard to think of a more powerful, less dangerous tool for liberty...” - Esther Dyson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users