Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do I Have To Have A Hd Monitor?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 shiftplusone

shiftplusone

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 05 June 2006 - 11:14 AM

I am looking to buy a ASUS Geforce 7600GT EN7600GT SILENT/2DHT/256M Video Card, and I just wanted to know if I needed an HD monitor for it. This may be a stupid question, but I dont know a TON about hardware for computers. Just the basics about specs, pretty much.
It says in the features, "Diversified displays connectivity (DVI, Dual VGA, HDTV-Out)" but I dont know what any of those mean... :thumbsup:
Does the monitor hook directly up the the video card? :\
Picture:
Posted Image

Also, if I do need an HD monitor or if you dont think I should even get this... could anyone reccomend a good video card in the $200-$250 price range(from Newegg if that's okay:)) ? That would be extremely helpful.
Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheEmuRider

TheEmuRider

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 05 June 2006 - 11:20 AM

I don't know about the HD monitor, but as for another card, the regular 7600GT is great, so I hear.

#3 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 05 June 2006 - 11:34 AM

I just wanted to know if I needed an HD monitor for it

No, nor can you use a CRT monitor (tube type) without using an adapter.:thumbsup:

Does the monitor hook directly up the the video card?

Yes.

This may be a stupid question, but I dont know a TON about hardware for computers

This is a PCIe card. If you're not sure your system has a compatable slot, let us know what your system is. (make & model)

Edited by HitSquad, 05 June 2006 - 11:57 AM.

#4 shiftplusone

shiftplusone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2006 - 11:41 AM

So how does it hook up to the card... my plug doesn't look like that ;\
or were you saying it doesn't. I couldn't really understand.

and I'm getting a new motherboard, and that has a PCIe slot. 2 actually.

Oh so I need an adapter? can you link me to one of those maybe? or is that included with the stuff...
sorry I'm a little confused

Edited by shiftplusone, 05 June 2006 - 11:46 AM.

#5 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 05 June 2006 - 11:57 AM

I take it you're using a CRT monitor then?
You need a DVI to VGA adapter. You can buy them anywhere that sells computers or electronics.
They're only a couple bucks. They simply connect to the end of your monitor cable.
You may even get one supplied with the card but I'm not sure it'll come with one.

Edited by HitSquad, 05 June 2006 - 11:59 AM.

#6 shiftplusone

shiftplusone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2006 - 12:08 PM

I take it you're using a CRT monitor then?
You need a DVI to VGA adapter. You can buy them anywhere that sells computers or electronics.
They're only a couple bucks. They simply connect to the end of your monitor cable.
You may even get one supplied with the card but I'm not sure it'll come with one.

I'm using an LCD. but regular plug thing (VGA I guess?)
Ohhhh okay.

thank you so much. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users