I'm planning on moving from console to PC and upgrading from my old macbook pro laptop to a custom build pc.
I'm completely new to all this, and would still prefer buying a custom built PC over building one myself.
I would really appreciate any help that i can get.
I've got a couple questions that are quite specific but I'd be really pleased if someone could answer them.
1. Living in Sydney, Australia i have experienced some difficulties finding a PC company that builds and ships PC's to Australia. I was really disappointed when I'd found a PC on Gladiator PCs that i really liked and pretty fulfilled everything i wanted within my budget but after reading through their info page I found out they only ship within the UK. damn...
I'll list the specs of the PC i wanted beneath and it would be really appreciated if someone could point me towards a company that ships internationally were i could customise a PC thats similar to the one planned.
Planned Gladiator PC Specs (open for change)
2. Should I use windows 7 or 8.1 as I've heard that 8 and 8.1 are a bit unstable for some games and some new games are still optimised for 7?
3. I still need some peripherals for my PC and I'm not quite sure what to get as i don't exactly want to spend another $200 on a mouse so any suggestions here are really helpful. I really only need a monitor, keyboard and mouse as I've already got a decent headset and speakers aren't exactly a priority of mine
My budget is currently around about $1600-$2000 and their are a couple requirements that i need the PC to have for what ill be doing with it (apart from gaming i also do some cg rendering).
- intel core i7 quad core cpu
- 16g of ram
- a Nvidia graphic card that is CUDA enabled
Please help me and ask me any questions if your unsure about anything I've said.
Any help or comments will really help as I'm completely new to this.
Edited by bf825, 27 August 2014 - 05:31 AM.