Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

First Gaming PC - Any Help Appreciated

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bf825

bf825

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:30 AM

Hi,

I'm planning on moving from console to PC and upgrading from my old macbook pro laptop to a custom build pc.

I'm completely new to all this, and would still prefer buying a custom built PC over building one myself.

I would really appreciate any help that i can get.

I've got a couple questions that are quite specific but I'd be really pleased if someone could answer them.

1.    Living in Sydney, Australia i have experienced some difficulties finding a PC company that builds and ships PC's to Australia. I was really disappointed when I'd found a PC on Gladiator PCs that i really liked and pretty fulfilled everything i wanted within my budget but after reading through their info page I found out they only ship within the UK. damn...

I'll list the specs of the PC i wanted beneath and it would be really appreciated if someone could point me towards a company that ships internationally were i could customise a PC thats similar to the one planned.

Planned Gladiator PC Specs (open for change)

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/vwHyHx

2.    Should I use windows 7 or 8.1 as I've heard that 8 and 8.1 are a bit unstable for some games and some new games are still optimised for 7?

3.    I still need some peripherals for my PC and I'm not quite sure what to get as i don't exactly want to spend another $200 on a mouse so any suggestions here are really helpful. I really only need a monitor, keyboard and mouse as I've already got a decent headset and speakers aren't exactly a priority of mine 

My budget is currently around about $1600-$2000 and their are a couple requirements that i need the PC to have for what ill be doing with it (apart from gaming i also do some cg rendering).

• intel core i7 quad core cpu
  • 16g of ram
  • a Nvidia graphic card that is CUDA enabled

Please help me and ask me any questions if your unsure about anything I've said.

Any help or comments will really help as I'm completely new to this.

Thanks.

Edited by bf825, 27 August 2014 - 05:31 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,324 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:03 AM

A quick search for Austrailia PC Builder turned up Mwave.  I know nothing about them, but it is a start.  You're best off finding a company that will do the build, then pick the parts from them.  You may actually get a better deal.

Edited by Kilroy, 27 August 2014 - 06:04 AM.

#3 bf825

bf825
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:08 AM

Thanks for the quick reply Kilroy,

Ill take a look into Mwave.

Really grateful and surprised how quick i got a response.

#4 Aerys

Aerys

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:06 PM

I always recommend www.ibuypower.com to people that want a custom computer, but don't want to put it together themselves. It really isn't that hard once you have all the parts in front of you along with guides and videos online. Also I don't this iBuypower ships to Australia but you can use a reshipping service like Bongo. If you were to build the PC yourself I would say you would be able to fit an i7 4790K, 2 graphics cards, 16GB RAM, plenty of storage and an SSD within your budget.

Edited by Aerys, 27 August 2014 - 01:09 PM.

He said the same thing he had been saying for hours... "burn them all".

-Jaime Lannister

Feel free to add me on Skype for help or to chat; lolballinn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users