Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

downloaded wrong driver for nvidia gpu

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 StevenBTdot

StevenBTdot

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:33 PM

my number keys are broken so bear with me. i have the nvidia ninety-one hundred graphics card. i downloaded the wrong driver and now my screen is black when i try to go to safe mode or boot it up normally. i tried startup repair but that isnt helping. im beginning to think factory reset is the only option but i dont even know if that would work. can somebody help me. also, i factory reset my monitor

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:13 PM

A system restore from repair/install disk will take your machine back before this problem. (if you don't have one download one here)

Be sure that the DVD you are using is for the same edition of Windows 7 that you are trying to repair – for example, Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit or whatever specific version that you have. A full installation disc can be used for repair even if you have an OEM system. No product key is required in this process.

1. Put the disc in your optical drive and restart to boot from the DVD. You may have to change the boot settings in your BIOS if booting from a CD/DVD is not enabled. Watch for the  “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD” message.
  2. On the "Install Windows" screen, make the appropriate selections for language, time, and keyboard, and then click “Next”.
  3. On the next screen, click “Repair Your Computer”. Do not click "Install now"
  4. In “System Recovery Options”, select which operating system you want to restore if any are listed. It will be blank in many systems with only one operating system.
  5. Click “Next”.
  6. The “System Recovery Options” screen shown below will open.
  7. Select “System Restore”.

66b9e3c2-bb67-47bf-802c-b753b54bcc19_48.

I hope this helps, let us know if you have any issues.

TsVk!

:thumbup2:

#3 StevenBTdot

StevenBTdot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:01 PM

i don't have a dvd and i cant download one. im on my phone so i factory reset and it said system configuration error and to contact customer care to follow through (code purple) i have an hp p-six-two-two-one-f (tower)

Edited by StevenBTdot, 26 August 2014 - 11:02 PM.

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:28 PM

Oh dear... that is an issue.

What this is, is that the machine is detecting a hardware configuration change which doesn't fit the original specs... A nasty unnecessary bit of proprietary protection. 

If the Windows installation did not start you need to get your hands on a DVD like I outlined above, and complete the system restore.

If it did you need to request an OEM Windows installation disk from the manufacturer, to make it work again.

TsVk!

#5 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:32 PM

Just to check, just in case.... why were you downloading a new driver? was there an issue? possible hardware issue?

#6 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 11,688 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:33 PM

i don't have a dvd and i cant download one.

Go to a PC shop and ask them to Download it for you and burn it,

I did this once and the guy charged me 3 bucks for internet use and 50 cents for the dvd, As he also had a small internet cafee in the front he even let me do it.

Edited by NickAu1, 26 August 2014 - 11:34 PM.

#7 StevenBTdot

StevenBTdot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:56 AM

problem fixed. you can close this thread

#8 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members