Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Processor help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mohammed_Hoque17

Mohammed_Hoque17

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:05 PM

Hi how do i find out the name of my computer processor. and also is there any websites or stuff you can find out whats the specs for motherbords and stuff so if i wanted to upgrade parts i would need to know if the motherboard will allow it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:50 PM

You can right click on "Computer" and go to "Properties" and the subsequent page that opens, will show you the brand and model of your CPU, assuming your computer is running.

If it is not, please tell us what the situation is.

All is well in Paradise.

#3 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:47 AM

Try the Speccy program in the downloads section.

#4 Mohammed_Hoque17

Mohammed_Hoque17
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:32 PM

yes i alredy know abot that but what it is i asked that if i bought a seccond hand computer right and i wanted to upgrade it i would need to know which components will apporiate for the mother board (e.g. if i put in 8gb ram and only supports 4gb then it wont....) thtats why i need some help in  finding out what spec of components will support that moptherboard .

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:49 PM

If you know the motherboard manufacturer and model...just use Google to find the specs.

If you don't know the board manufacturer and model...then the Speccy tool (as suggested) may help.

If it's an OEM system (HP, Dell, Lenovo, etc.) then you need to visit the OEM website and take a look at the support webpage, manuals, etc.  If it's OEM and you know the model, you can just post it here and someone will look up the specs.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users