Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winzip 17.5 and Outlook

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 scotty_ncc1701

scotty_ncc1701

• Members
  • 520 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:48 PM

A friend called me yesterday, and he installed Winzip 17.5, and then noticed in Outlook that ZIPSEND was now on the menubar.

Further investigation revealed that if Outlook is installed, then WINZIP will automatically activate ZIPSEND, even if you don't want it.  Yes it can be disabled, but the ZIPSEND menu option is still there.

He doesn't want ZIPSEND, but he didn't want to unstall Office, Outlook and WINZIP, then install WINZIP then Office, to see if that corrects the issue.

I know that installing WINZIP then office for me prevents ZIPSEND from being activated.

So, if you use WINZIP 17.5 (don't know what other versions this applies to) and Office/Outlook, if you don't like ZIPSEND, then on the next rebuild of your computer, just make sure that WINZIP is installed first.  WINZIP doesn't warn you that the ZIPSEND service is activated if Outlook is installed.

Have a great day!

:bananas: :bounce:

Edited by scotty_ncc1701, 26 August 2014 - 07:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users