Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Surf Side Kick 3

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KennyCat

KennyCat

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 05 June 2006 - 10:33 AM

Is it possible that after running all the adware/spyware/malware software scans that it could have removed my pop up problem? Because I am not finding this Surf side kick anymore. Please let me know. I haven't run the Hijackthis yet. I won't if it is gone.

Edited by KennyCat, 05 June 2006 - 10:34 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,606 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 05 June 2006 - 12:42 PM

I'm not sure what steps you took. Did you follow the self-help tutorial How To Remove Surfsidekick 2 Or 3 ?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 KennyCat

KennyCat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 05 June 2006 - 04:38 PM

No, I was using a tutorial on removing pop ups. When I first logged on it said If you think you are infected click here. But thank you I will use this tutorial now. Also there is another one call Adware lookatme. Will running Hijackthis take care of this too?

#4 Harry83

Harry83

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 05 June 2006 - 04:54 PM

Well it sounds like you have multiple problems so I suggest posting a HijackThis log in the HJT Logs and Analysis Forum. Here is a link to that Forum:

HJT Forum

Please follow the preparation directions and try not to alter your system until you receive help from one of our HJT Team Members. The preparation directions are found at the following link:

Prep Guide for Posting HJT Logs

Please note: Do not try to fix any problems with HJT yourself. This is an advanced tool and requires expert analysis.

If you choose to do the tutorial, make sure you do it before you post your HJT log. Please let us know if it fixes your problem! If you post a HJT log you can rest assured that in a few days a Team Member will help you get all traces of malware off your computer. :thumbsup:
--
Harry83
Posted Image
Liberating America From Spyware - 1 Computer at a time...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users