Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VIRO incredible smartphone infinite battery

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 StormX

StormX

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

Hi, 
I opened this thread to talk about a very interesting smartphone: VIRO. From their facebook account https://www.facebook.com/getVIRO I noticed that the smartphone will have a infinite battery. It seems like a very interesting smartphone and if it really is a never-ending battery it would be great.
I saw their video and I noticed that the presentation of it will be August 1. 
I hope there will not be any delayed and that smartphone keep the expectations, what do you think ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:59 PM

Battery technology has been coming along in leaps and bounds this year.  I was reading earlier this year they announced lithium cathodes ,as well as the standard anodes, in new battery technology that will increase battery functionality 8-10 times current marketed technology. If you add this charging technology also, then expand it on a greater scale we could be looking at an energy storage revolution. For the first time in history electric cars will be viable with a range of 1000's of kilometers, coupled with a charging time of minutes rather than hours. Homes will be able to charge battery packs and run off them for a week, not to mention the implications for space travel.

Brave new world.

Thanks for sharing this :thumbup2:

#3 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:20 PM

That said... a technology company that cannot even afford to launch their own website, but only has a facebook page.

Sounds like a hoax or a scam to rip off unwary investors.

#4 StormX

StormX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:25 AM

Battery technology has been coming along in leaps and bounds this year.  I was reading earlier this year they announced lithium cathodes ,as well as the standard anodes, in new battery technology that will increase battery functionality 8-10 times current marketed technology. If you add this charging technology also, then expand it on a greater scale we could be looking at an energy storage revolution. For the first time in history electric cars will be viable with a range of 1000's of kilometers, coupled with a charging time of minutes rather than hours. Homes will be able to charge battery packs and run off them for a week, not to mention the implications for space travel.

Brave new world.

Thanks for sharing this :thumbup2:

Yes it could be a very important innovation, in fact Ubuntu Edge wanted to adopt this new type of battery

Edited by StormX, 27 August 2014 - 02:25 AM.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:21 PM

I'll be the second to call it. I say it's vaporware or at worst a hoax. I can't find one mention that doesn't come back to the Facebook article. No mention of OS, no mention of hardware by anyone, or any media. If I were partnering in such an incredible venture I would be darn sure there were 'leaks' all over the place.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:35 PM

Also, the concept of infinite battery is very similar to that of perpetual motion. Impossible, with our current understanding of physics...

#7 StormX

StormX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:58 AM

a

#8 StormX

StormX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:04 AM

Also, the concept of infinite battery is very similar to that of perpetual motion. Impossible, with our current understanding of physics...

yes I think it too, but I hope they create something beyond expectations

I'll be the second to call it. I say it's vaporware or at worst a hoax. I can't find one mention that doesn't come back to the Facebook article. No mention of OS, no mention of hardware by anyone, or any media. If I were partnering in such an incredible venture I would be darn sure there were 'leaks' all over the place.

I noticed they have posted a new video where they explain the meaning of their name and is revealed part of the design, it looks very stylish  :bananas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX0rQBx43vM&list=UUL9EkbZlZ6Lh4kJ1U8y8PxQ

Edited by StormX, 29 August 2014 - 03:46 AM.

#9 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:43 PM

You seem very up to date with this StormX... :lmao:

I see nothing about it, a name and a picture... A story about a name, and a picture that looks as if it was created with 3d imaging software.

There is an abundant amount of lack of detail. More nothing about it than I previously imagined...

#10 StormX

StormX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:46 AM

You seem very up to date with this StormX... :lmao:

I see nothing about it, a name and a picture... A story about a name, and a picture that looks as if it was created with 3d imaging software.

There is an abundant amount of lack of detail. More nothing about it than I previously imagined...

yeah I like too the idea of ​​a smartphone that never discharge  :woot:

in their FB they ad an article of Irish Tech News about their smartphone

#11 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:12 AM

It's one of the hoaxes that will go down in the fail category...

No amount of poorly placed media makes a difference, the Blair Witch Hunt days are over.

#12 StormX

StormX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:37 AM

It's one of the hoaxes that will go down in the fail category...

No amount of poorly placed media makes a difference, the Blair Witch Hunt days are over.

Maybe, but I hope no because it's sound intresting 

#13 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:43 AM

If someone had this vision.

Which they do...

They need to create it.

#14 StormX

StormX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:01 PM

If someone had this vision.

Which they do...

They need to create it.

they are creating it ahah

#15 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:06 PM

As compared to creating facebook pages or uninformative youtube videos....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users