Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SticksOfBacon

SticksOfBacon

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:45 PM

Hello all,

I have two Cisco WAP4410n in our building. One is setup and connected to our network no problems, the second AP is configured as an Repeater to extend range of wireless. 

Now the problem is when the repeater AP is giving extended range to the wireless devices but They're no longer able to get out to the web. If I get back to the our main AP web works fine. Is there something I'm missing to check or add?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wesker1984

Wesker1984

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:05 PM

Access their setup pages (look in the manual), make sure they are NOT using the same channel as overlapping channels interfere with eachother, even in an extender setup. If they're using the 2.4GHz band Channels 1.6.and 11 are the best to use. In the 5 GHz band it doesn't much matter as long as the channels are different, but bear in mind that the higher channels use more power and are more susceptible to interference from environmental factors such as walls etc.

This could be useful: http://www.hp.com/rnd/pdfs/802.11technicalbrief.pdf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users