Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard Help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 hchackenbush

hchackenbush

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 05 June 2006 - 09:57 AM

hi guys,
my first post here so if i do anyhting wrong please advise. i own a gateway 400sd4 and it failed the disgnostic test for the keyboard, i sent the form to gateway and the immediately offered to sell me a new board if reinstalling a new driver did not fix it. no luck with thr driver but i did try using the computer in safe mode. worked perfectly. i also tried using linux in lieu of windows xp and it once again worked finE. tried using a usb keyboard...no good. the only keyboard that works is my microft bluetooth.
thank you...hchackenbush

Edited by jgweed, 05 June 2006 - 09:58 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 05 June 2006 - 11:19 AM

Hi hchackenbush.
I'd be hard pressed to condemn the keyboard itself since it functions in both safe mode and with Linux.
Are you currently dual booting between the two?
Some things I would start with:
1. Enter bios setup and check the default keyboard settings there. I believe its F2 but you would know better. That should not have changed but worth a look anyway.
2. Check to see what device manager as well as "keyboards" in control panel has to say. Set Defaults.
3. Boot into safe mode and disable wireless keyboard functions.
4. Remove the wireless keyboard adapter itself and associated software\drivers.
5. Download and install the chipset drivers for that laptop, they are here. (9520303.exe)
You'll want to reboot after each step but #1.

Edited by HitSquad, 05 June 2006 - 11:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users