I did not know where to post about this problem I have been having, No matter what webbrowser I use, they are all slow to load and crash! I have tried scanning for viruses, spyware, spamware and malware, but nothing shows up except cookies! I do not know what is causing this problem with all of my webbrowsers!
It first started on Internet Explorer a couple of years ago. So I decided to change to FireFox then that started to slow down and then crash on me also, but not as often as the Internet Explorer. Then I tried Google Chrome. Then that started to slow down and crash, but not as often as the Internet Explorer. It happens everytime I load up or click on a Yahoo.como page or any of the Yahoo sites: Yahoo Fantasy Sports, Yahoo Autos, etc..
At first I thought it was because I had too many tabs or windows open at one time. But that was not the cause. I tried clearing the WEbbrowsers' cauche and clearing browsing history, that only helped for about a halff hour to about a hour! I even tried clearing the computer's cache, being careful of what files got cleared, Same results! I even tried cearing old files, again being careful of what got cleared. Only helped for a little bit. I even doing a web search on this very subject, but found too many differing opinions on what causes this to happen. I tried some of the recommendations, as I listed above, but nothing has worked to prevnt this from happening. The only other things that I can think of are:
1) I have too many files on my "Desktop" on load up.
2) There is some sort of Virus, Spyware, Malware or Spamware that my Security programs has been unable to pickup.
3) There is interference between programs installed on my computer.
4) like one of the search results had stated that there may be too many "contacts" in my "contacts list". But that would only explain the slow start up time and not the crashes at other times of the webbrowsers.
5) Sometimes 2 or more programs or browser installs need to use the same program or dowload information at the same time and might slow down the computer and browser and then crash the browser!
There may be other things that I have not thought of that could be causing the problems I am experiencing. If anyone can help me fix these problems and try to keep them from returning I would appreciate it!