Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting annoyed No video.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 eliterandom

eliterandom

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:23 AM

So I will basically list everything I have done so far in a day. 

Things I have

Mid tower Antec 300

GTx 560

Micro ATX Asrock H61M/U3S3

Psu 620

8gb and a 4gb Gskill 10666 or 1333

128Gb SSD

1tb HDD

What I ordered last week

Full tower Thermaltake MK-I

ATX Asrock z77 EXTREM4 LGA 1155

So I changed everything except the motherboard into the new case and the new motherboard. I recieved BSOD after turning it on and I even changed out the HDD from a 500gb seagate I had before buying the ssd. Still same problem

So I put everything back into the old Tower the Antec 300 and now it is not showing any video except the onboard. I even checked BIOS and its on PCIE for the Graphics.

So overall i am stuck. I checked all the connections nothings wrong and I even reset the Graphics card.

When it was in the new tower I reset the RAM the SSD/ HDD but still same thing. I couldnt check what the BSOD says because it restarted quick.

Edited by eliterandom, 26 August 2014 - 09:50 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 eliterandom

eliterandom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:25 AM

Could Motherboard cause BSOD because I have been looking online and all i see is RAM and Drive failures or faulty.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:35 AM

So I will basically list everything I have done so far in a day. 

Things I have

Mid tower Antec 300

GTx 560

Micro ATX Asrock H61M/U3S3

Psu 620

8gb and a 4gb Gskill 10666 or 1333

128Gb SSD

1tb HDD

So I changed everything except the motherboard into the new case and the new motherboard. I recieved BSOD after turning it on and I even changed out the HDD from a 500gb seagate I had before buying the ssd. Still same problem

So I put everything back into the old Tower the Antec 300 and now it is not showing any video except the onboard. I even checked BIOS and its on PCIE for the Graphics.

It's not clear to me just what you did.  Did you replace the motherboard with a new one?  Did you attempt to use the hard drive from the former layout...without reinstalling Windows? 

What components make up the "everything" that you put back "into the old Tower"?

Louis

#4 eliterandom

eliterandom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

yeah sorry bout that. I replaced the motherboard with a new one with the list I said I purchased this week the Asrock Z77 extreme4 along with the Thermaltake Full tower. When i transferred the SSD, HDD, RAM, CPU and the graphics card over I got BSOD. I tested out another HDD i had and same reaction. So i went to the old tower i used to have and now that one doesnt have video unless you use Onboard. 

So all i did was transfer everything from the old tower and the mother to the new tower and the new mother. Once i got BSOD and tried a few options I went back to the old tower and MOBO to see if it would cause it again but to find out the graphics doesnt show any video except only the onboard. I checked BIOS and it shows PCIE for Graphics.

So my only thought now is its my graphics unless you guys have something else.

Hope this makes a lil more sense.

Sorry for not being clear also.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:55 AM

You (generally) cannot transfer a hard drive reflecting Windows...to a different system...and expect it to work properly.  The drivers for Board A are different from the drivers from Board B...they are not designed to be interchangeable/operative with any motherboard other than the original (Board A)

Ditto for the Windows license, unless it is a retail license.

Louis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users