Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 can't detect my external harddrive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jeremyvbte

jeremyvbte

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:26 AM

Hi,

I have a Samsung S2 External Harddrive HXMU0500A. I tried formatting it, which seemed like a simple enough task to from NTFS to exFAT .

It then said 'Windows was unable to complete the format'.
After that I just unticked 'Quick Format' and changed 'Allocation Unit Size' to 4096Kb

I think another messaged popped up, which I forgot what it exactly said, but basically it said something about formatting being cancelled, because it froze.

Anyhow, just unplugged the harddrive, and plugged it in, then afterwards, it just didn't show up on 'My Computer'

I saw something about going into 'Disk Management'

This is all I see

capture.png

It shows up here though ... capture1.png

But again not on 'My Computer'

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,804 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:08 AM

If the hdd isn't formatted it will not show up in Computer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users