Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unusual characters print out from Printronix P7005 using Win7 64bit

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 0x003

0x003

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:56 AM

Hi Guys, hope all are well. I got problem printing to Printronix P7005 Open Pedestal type using Win7 Enterprise 64bit unusual characters & it never stop until you delete the file from PC & restart the printer. Printer Driver Win7 64bit from website of Printronix, Did i install the wrong printer drivers? already email support still waiting for feedback. Though I post it here too for any advice. TIA

Edited by hamluis, 26 August 2014 - 07:22 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:14 AM

Hi,

I see a couple of possibilities. Which driver did you install and which one was your other choice?

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 0x003

0x003
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:47 PM

Hi dicke, thank you for ur time replying & moved on correct thread, I used the one for Win7 & try the XP 64bit, from my link above with same result. 

#4 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:34 AM

Do you have another computer that can attach to that printer and print correctly? I'm thinking that there's a problem with the computer, the connection, or the printer[obviously]. The second computer will help to eliminate the printer, and maybe the connection. If the second computer prints correctly it might be worth copying the driver from that computer to the problem computer to see if that solves the problem. Have you tried contacting Printronix tech support for help?

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users