Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is there a 'usual' Bluetooth UI or is it a property of the BT hardware used ?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 paul456

paul456

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:20 PM

Although I have had Bluetooth on a number of laptops, pc's for many years, but have never had opportunity to use it as only now have I bought my first Bluetooth device, a Headset to use on Skype calls, and to be able to listen to music without being tied to the lapto/pc.   My NUC miniPC (Win7 Pro 64-bit) uses the Intel 7260AC card for WiFi & BT, and a BT icon sometimes appears in the Notification area of the system tray. I used that icon to bring up a range of options, one being 'Add a BT Device - and I was able to Add the BT Headset, and 'pair' it and use it for Skype after some difficulty, but after less than an hour, connection broken, and the BT icon in system tray disappeared - so no option to 'Add a BT Device !

Also have a unreliable Toshiba laptop (Win7 Home Premium 64-bit) with Atheros Wifi/BT, but it has never showed in the system tray.   What happens is, only at boot time, I get a popup saying 'Searching for Bluetooth devices' with option to cancel, which I do, as I presently only want to use Bluetooth on the NUC.  I just mention the 2nd machine, as its Bluetooth User Interface is clearly very different from that on the NUC using all Intel hardware.

Edited by hamluis, 26 August 2014 - 07:53 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users