Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer becomes super slow watching videos

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dave992

Dave992

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:59 PM

Hey all, I have a Intel sandy bridge I5-2500 processor in my computer.

When I watch online streams and set those in full screen..they start lagging, along with the computer. 

It also happens when I am downloading something or watching something HD on VLC.

Core temperature is 96°C during these events.. it is too much?

Should I get some thermal compound? 

Also, I don't have any video card.. I am just using the processor's one. 

Edited by Dave992, 25 August 2014 - 05:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:50 PM

Core temperature is 96°C during these events.. it is too much?

By face value, yes that is too high as the processor speed will throttle specially on dedicated GPU. But see if you can clean and reapply a small amount of thermal paste then check the difference. It would be better if you can acquire a dedicated video card on you next budget. :)

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users