Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rosetta Stone

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mikeboggess

mikeboggess

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:15 AM

Initially installed RS and everything worked fine, then was prompted to install updated version and the sound became distorted. Contacted RS and they said the headphones they sent me were defective, so they sent new ones three times. Problem still exists. Then they said my computer was not adequate. My computer met the requirements they asked for (Windows XP, 600MB hard drive space, 16 bit sound card, 800x600 display res.) My comp. is a Compac Presario SRT950NX with AMD 64 processor, 986 MHz, and 960 mb ram. Anybody out there got a solution? Yeh, I know I need a new comp., but cannot afford one now.

Edited by hamluis, 26 August 2014 - 07:20 AM.
Moved from Audio/Video to All Other Applicstions - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:24 AM

Have you tried to uninstall RS, totally.  And reinstall without the updates.  Run it for a while.  Also, it might be the update for the sound is running something your sound card or drivers cant handle, and wont do until you update the drivers/ software for the sound card.

good luck

cz

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

#3 mikeboggess

mikeboggess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:25 AM

Have you tried to uninstall RS, totally.  And reinstall without the updates.  Run it for a while.  Also, it might be the update for the sound is running something your sound card or drivers cant handle, and wont do until you update the drivers/ software for the sound card.

good luck

cz

On one of my many chats with RS they said that would not be a good idea with no explanation as to why it wasn't a good idea. I will ask for a tier 2 or 3 CSR and re-discuss this. It seems that if you talk to the first person that answers their expertise is limited. I think you are on the right track. First i will ask if these disks allow a 2nd installation as I have bought software that was limited in that ability.

#4 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:08 PM

Correct, usually level one guys do what the computer screen tells them to do.  Asking for a manager at each level helps also. 

I would also ask them for the check sum, and release notes for the patches including the blah blah blah .   See what I am getting at, you use certain terms they will pass you up with no issue. 

good luck

cz

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users