Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New pc

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ybersind

Ybersind

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:36 AM

Hello!

I'm considering buying a new pc - but I'm not gonna put it together myself.
I'm going to buy from Europe, to avoid futher taxation. But i'm not the sharpest person concerning hardware - and i need some help choosing. My budget is at a maximum of 600 euro (inc. operating system), ex. transport.
I'm looking at the following pc at the moment: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showp...odid=FS-018-OG

I'm going to upgrade the following components;
Graphic Card: AMD Radeon R9, 270X 4gb
HD: To the 1TB HD
And i'm considering upgrading the memory to 16gb from 8gb. (Although I'm not sure I need it)

This pc is going to be used for gaming - and i would like it to support high graphics, without sacrificing speed.
Can this pc support my needs for the time being and should I upgrade my memory?

Best regards, Simon 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:07 AM

8GB should be fine.  World of Warcraft (WoW) is the main game I play these days, the rest are older games that don't put a strain on my system.  You don't mention any specific games.  I'd only recommend going to 8GB if a game you want to play lists 8GB as the minimum RAM.  I don't think you'll find many that ask for more than 4GB as they want to work on as many systems as possible.  RAM is the biggest bang for the buck upgrade you can do for a system, but I don't think you're going to see a performance increase going from 8GB to 16GM, at this time.

That all said I'm running 32GB, but I also run three monitors, normally web browsing on the left, WoW on the center, and a movie on the right.  Additionally I may be backing up or re-encoding a DVD or downloading in the background.  I've never come close to using 16GB of RAM, but have maxed out all 12 CPUs when re-encoding with Handbrake.

I'd recommend taking the money you would have spent on the RAM upgrade and put it towards a SSD upgrade.  I'd go with the 250GB.  Then add another hard drive for data storage.

#3 Ybersind

Ybersind
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:31 AM

Thanks. I'm probaly only gonna use 2 screens - one 1080P and an older screen.

I need the pc for games like Total War: Rome 2, Crysis 3, Battlefield 4 and probaly some mmo's too (I would like to try ArcheAge).

I will strongly consider getting the SSD upgrade, but i already have 2 x 1TB hdd, that i can add to the pc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users