Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes can't connect to update server or keep on Malicious Website Protect

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 otarsus

otarsus

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:12 AM

Running 8.1 on Toshiba laptop.

I realized my Malwarebytes 2.0 wasn't turning on when I booted, and then when it did, it would flag "Unable to access update server".

I have tried the uninstall tool and reinstall, and an update works. I scan, it doesn't find anything, but then falls into the same problem with the next boot.

Also, the Real-Time Protection status stays as: Malware Protection Enabled, Malicious Website Protection DISABLED

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 1PW

1PW

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:35 AM

Hello otarsus:

If your system did not have any unresolved malware issues from any type of previous MBAM2 scans, and your laptop has the correct date, time zone and time, then, since you already have performed a Clean Re-install process, it would be helpful see three diagnostic logs posted in the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help sub-forum.

Please establish membership via Create Account and then read the following and individually attach the 3 requested logs in a post to the above sub-forum: Diagnostic Logs along with a copy/paste of your post's narrative from above.

Thank you.

1PW
Malwarebytes Volunteer Forum Helper

Edited by 1PW, 25 August 2014 - 04:39 AM.

All viruses are malware but not all malware are viruses and if the malware doesn't self replicate it just isn't a virus.

#3 otarsus

otarsus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:47 PM

Thank you, I will do that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users