Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Erratic Mouse Behavior/Chrome Issues

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rokittman

rokittman

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:29 PM

Hello,

I have noticed this in the last few days. Mostly on FaceBook and reddit. When I am viewing a FB photo in an album and click the left or right arrow to advance to the next image, the next image displays. Then the mouse cursor flashes briefly and the folder advances to the next image. On reddit, when I click the plus sign on the box that expands the image, the image enlarges for a few seconds and then closes again. 

I'm also noticing some strange activity in my browser ~ Chrome. I sometimes have to click the back button several times before the previous page will load. When viewing links at Amazon.com, I have to double click the back button to view the previous page. Single clicking only refreshes the same page.

I notice this only seems to be an issue with Chrome. I've updated to the most recent version and also updated Windows. I've disabled any plugins that might affect mouse functionality ~ as far as I know. I've also tried several different mice, both wired and wireless.

These are just a few issues I'm having right now. My system has been running very slow with long load times and strange surfing behavior. But the mouse problem is the most annoying. Not sure if this is a Chrome issue, a browser bug or an infection. I would love to have my system scanned to see if this or any other issues turn up.

I'm running Windows 7 SP1

Chrome Version 36.0.1985.143 m

4GB DDR2 (PC2-6400) Ram

Thank you for your time,

- Dean -

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:41 AM

Hi Mate -

Step 1 - If you can, remove Chrome, and use Internet Explorer, or Firefox browsers ...........

Report back after that only -

#3 rokittman

rokittman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:38 AM

Hello noknojon,

Thank you for your help and the prompt reply. I have uninstalled Chrome. And as I said above, these issues do not happen with Firefox or IE. I hope you're not going to suggest I use a different browser from now on. I have been using Chrome for many years with no issues until just recently and much prefer it over the others. I'm really hoping we can resolve this without resorting to ditching Chrome. But if we can't, I would still like to have my system diagnosed for other problems that might be present, if you don't mind.

I run Microsoft Security Essentials in the background along with Windows Firewall. I also use MalwareBytes, CCleaner and ATF Cleaner for periodic maintenance. But there are still some crash issues and performance problems that I can't pinpoint. I could also use some tips on what Services and Startup programs I can safely disable.

Thanx,

- Dean -

#4 rokittman

rokittman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:47 PM

Hello noknojon,

Are you still working with me on this issue?

- Dean -

#5 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:19 PM

You could scan your system with free Malwarebytes (make sure to not land up with the trial version) and free superantispyware.

Also, you could check and maybe remove all the extensions in Chrome, apart from those that you really want to keep.

All is well in Paradise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users