Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What are HP connected drive/music/photo?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JRHB14

JRHB14

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:34 PM

Essentially, what are they? It seems connected drive is some sort of backup and data sharing program? If this is the case, I already have a backup program that I use. Unless this one is particularly wonderful. And then, what are connected music and connected photo? How are they related to or different from connected drive?
I have to say, having about 20 programs preinstalled on a new computer with no idea what they are can be a bit annoying.

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:40 PM

Connected drive is not a back up program.

It is an app which allows sharing of photos, music, etc.  with other devices.

From what I can see it seems similar to Dropbox.

More info here http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hp-connected-family/drive.html

As for all the other HP programs which are preinstalled on HP systems, you can use your search engine to find out what they do.

You can uninstall any that you don't want to keep.

When I restore my laptop to factory condition using the Recovery Manager, all that HP bloatware is also installed.

The first thing I do is uninstall the majority of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users