Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8.1 Mail app keeps minimizing...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 A6Tech

A6Tech

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:16 PM

Whenever I open a Mail app, the logo splash appears and then the app just minimizes to taskbar. I've tried unchecking Show Windows Store apps on taskbar in Taskbar and Navigation properties but that didn't solve the issue. I've also ran sfc /scannow, but no problems were found. This started happening after the August update. I've also uninstalled the update, but things didn't change. Thanks in advance for your help! 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 A6Tech

A6Tech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:30 PM

Issue solved: After uninstalling the August update, I ran sfc /scannow again and the problem was gone :)

#3 avekaria

avekaria

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:08 PM

Hey,

I have the same problem, do you know which updates did you uninstalled?

Thank you

#4 A6Tech

A6Tech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:13 PM

U uninstalled the following updates: KB2982791, KB2970228, KB2975719, and KB2975331.

After every uninstall I rebooted the PC.

Then I ran sfc /scannnow, and Mail got fixed :D

Edited by A6Tech, 26 August 2014 - 04:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users