Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dual graphics with UEFI BIOS

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ichbineinkartoffel

ichbineinkartoffel

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:01 PM

I know absolutely nothing on this topic and im really hoping somone can help me out here. I am using a AMD APU along with a graphics card and iwant to enable dual graphics, my promlem is every time i watch a tutorial everyone is using a different bios, totally different thatn what i have. Can you help me enable dual graphics with UEFI Dual BIOS?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:32 AM

:welcome:

Ein kartoffel?

Can you give us some more detail about what you're trying to accomplish? I run dual monitors at work and at home. Your system specs would also be most helpful

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 ichbineinkartoffel

ichbineinkartoffel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:32 AM

:welcome:

Ein kartoffel?

Can you give us some more detail about what you're trying to accomplish? I run dual monitors at work and at home. Your system specs would also be most helpful

Keep us posted

Yes i suppose i was not very clear, I am using an AMD APU along with an AMD GPU. I am attempting to enable Dual graphics (also known as Crossfire graphics) but i cannot find the option in the AMD catalyst control center. I am using a Gigabyte f2a88xm-d3h motherboard. If you need any other specific info please let me know, im not sure what would help you to solve my problem.

#4 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:16 AM

Which AMD APU and which GPU?  I understand they are quite selective about which combo's work and what don't.

7sbvuf-6.png

#5 ichbineinkartoffel

ichbineinkartoffel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:45 AM

GPU: AMD R7 250

APU: A10 6800K

That sure would be dissapointing if I built with a incompatible combo.

#6 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:35 PM

The situation is not exactly clear to me anyway. Both AMD's web site and a third party website recommend the HD6570 and HD6670 for dual graphics support with that APU, while saying the R7-250 can be dualled with A10-7xxx series APU's.  The FAQ gives some more information about how to enable it in the Catalyst software.  It doesn't mention BIOS settings but I'd imagine if there is no specific setting for enabling dual graphics in BIOS, then just ensuring that the APU graphics are enabled should be enough (if the combo is indeed compatible).

The R7-250 is more powerful than the on chip HD 8670D, so if it's not possible to enable it, then just using that would probably be the best thing to do.

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users