Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ink Levels in Windows 8

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 flaps604

flaps604

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:14 AM

Hello All,

A pretty simple one, or so I'm hoping!

My mother-in-law has just bought a new laptop that has Windows 8.1 and it is connected to her printer, an Epson stylus sx125. I was just trying to check the ink levels in the printer and couldn't figure out how to.
I did some googling and followed the advice on the Epson website, which essentially says go to Control Panel > Hardware > Devices and Printers and the right click on the printer which brings up a menu next to the cursor. It then says to click on Printer Preferences and then this will produce a pop up window.
All good so far.
There then suggest there should be three tabs of this window, one of which is titled Maintenance, and the from there I can check ink levels.
Here's the problem. The pop up window has only one tab titled Layout or something similar.
Bit stuck.
Been round in circles trying to figure out why I can't even see the Maintenance tab, let alone the access it!
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks for your time.
Nick

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 badr0b0t

badr0b0t

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:43 AM

Do you see a printer icon on the right bottom corner beside the clock? Right-click on it and see what options you have there.

If not you may need to install the epson utility software. It should be on the disc that came with the printer.

Edited by badr0b0t, 24 August 2014 - 08:45 AM.

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

#3 flaps604

flaps604
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:53 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
No printer icon, so I tried a search to download the utility software.
I stumbled across the Epson website and there were downloads available for drivers and software.
Despite having downloaded the software and driver update yesterday and having been told that I had all the current software up to date, I thought I would download the most recent Driver they had available anyway.
It turns out that I didn't have the most recent driver installed, and that has now fixed the problem!
Thanks for the help,

All the best

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users