Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

20 Things You Won't Like About Windows Vista

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 no one

no one

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 04 June 2006 - 10:17 PM

June 01, 2006 (Computerworld) The same thing happened with Windows XP. When Beta 2 arrived, I found myself torn between what was new and good about the operating system, and what was new and bad.

Significant negatives back in 2001 included product activation (which doesn't affect Microsoft volume licensing customers), changes to the network-configuration user interface and the way XP interacted with other versions of Windows on small networks. Was Windows XP truly better than Windows 2000? It was a toss-up in many ways. In the end, I went with the improved app compatibility and user interface improvements of XP. But it wasn't by much.

Well, Microsoft just upped the ante on internal conflict with the release of Vista Beta 2. It boils down to this: The software giant is favoring security and IT controls over end-user productivity. Don't get me wrong, security and IT manageability are very good things. But some of the people actually using the Beta 2 Vista software describe their experience as akin to that of a rat caught in a maze.
http://www.computerworld.com/action/articl...ticleId=9000829

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster"

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 petocities

petocities

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 05 June 2006 - 03:38 PM

Lol... after a long time reading and understanding this article (non english primary language dude), my deduction is: Don't ever, ever make the mistake of getting windows vista.

I don't care if they can show me stuff prettier, but if the main errors are still there, what's the point in getting a "more requierements needs" OS...

I really should buy a powerbook G4
Posted Image

#3 no one

no one
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:56 AM

Lol... after a long time reading and understanding this article (non english primary language dude), my deduction is: Don't ever, ever make the mistake of getting windows vista.

I don't care if they can show me stuff prettier, but if the main errors are still there, what's the point in getting a "more requierements needs" OS...

I really should buy a powerbook G4

I think you understood everything quite well. :huh:
I see two new computers in my future ,a Mac-Mini and a Linux box. :huh:

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster"

Posted Image

#4 need TOS

need TOS

• Members
  • 888 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:23 PM

I am going to get Vista for one reason. This computer is Vista ready and will handle it. If i am gonna use an OS with errors in it might as well use one that looks worse. (I do see a mini Mac though in my future too.)
Forgiveness is forgetting about a past that could have been

#5 petocities

petocities

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 08 June 2006 - 02:34 PM

I am going to get Vista for one reason. This computer is Vista ready and will handle it. If i am gonna use an OS with errors in it might as well use one that looks worse. (I do see a mini Mac though in my future too.)

lol...
I just can't stand windows trying to make me feel stupid. I can't stand a program (any program) that thinks that can choose what is better or not for me, that includes office's autoformat, windows alerts, spywares, etc...
I DO know what i can do, and when i realize i am not capable, i just don't do it... that is one of my reasons of why not getting vista. But i will admit, that the GUI temptates me anyway :huh:
Posted Image

#6 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2006 - 07:34 AM

Linky no worky.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#7 no one

no one
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2006 - 06:34 PM

Linky no worky.

sorry, werks fer me

Posted Image

#8 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2006 - 07:37 AM

sorry, werks fer me

Well, it works today! Go figure.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users