Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC wont boot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 futuristicx

futuristicx

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:47 PM

your pc needs to restart
please hold down the power button
error code: 0x0000005c
Parameters:
0x0000000000000110
0xffffffffff0a000
0x0000000000000019
0xffffffffc0000001

Edited by Queen-Evie, 24 August 2014 - 10:24 AM.
moved from General Chat to the appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 futuristicx

futuristicx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:12 AM

I am running windows 7 and when i boot it the screens turns blue then shows the same error code...

And I borrowed my buddy's win 8 to reformat now it shows that error

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,313 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:22 PM

Before anybody can go any further with this - make and model of your computer please. If you built it yourself, the main specs - motherboard, RAM, hard drive(s), CPU.

If I understand you correctly, your original O/S on this computer was Win 7. You can use another Win 7 install disc to repair your computer using your COA key, it might possibly cost you a phone call to MS for activation, but this would be entirely within the terms of the Win 7 EULA. But you cannot just take a Win 8 install disc and install Win 8 on this computer, at least not with any hope of getting activation.

Also when you post back, let us know if you can get into 'Safe mode' on this computer. You do this normally by pressing the 'F8' key a few times while the BIOS screen (the one with the maker's name on it) is showing immediately after you switch on. You will recognise 'Safe mode' - black background, white text, and at the top three lines listing 'Safe mode' options. Don't do anything in there unless you feel confident, just report back.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users