Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crypton Technologies,Teccure LLC

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ironjack

ironjack

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:56 PM

I got a call from Crypton Technologies.They tell me I paid them $449.00 for a "service contract".They want to "fix" my 2 computers remotely.Then they want me to buy a lifetime service for $499.00 I tell them to get lost, I never paid anything.They keep calling,always from different U.S. phone numbers. I emailed them and told them to get lost.

Now I get Teccure LLC calling with the same spiel. All these guys are from India.

Does anyone have any information on these guys?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:20 PM

They're just scammers mate. Tell them you really need their help, you are so glad they called, just hang on a second and put the phone down still connected. After a few lengthy waits like this they will get the message. (and the time they are waiting for you to pick up they're not scamming someone else)

Teccure is a legit registered company, but they won't be cold calling you and hassling you.

http://teccure.com/contact-us/

TsVk!

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:08 AM

Unsolicited phone calls advising your computer is infected or has problems are scams. In a majority of these cases the caller claims to be affiliated with Microsoft Support. Typically, the scammers tell their victims to type "eventvwr" in the Run box after pressing CTRL+R and then scare them by pointing out all the warnings and errors listed under the various categories. The caller then attempts to talk their victims into giving them remote access to the computer in order to fix the computer and/or remove malware. Not answering any questions and hanging up the telephone is the best way to deal with phone scammers..
Reporting Phone Fraud and Scams:
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users