Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DELL PE T300 PERC6/i Raid Stalls

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 A Selene

A Selene

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:14 PM

This system has RAID-5 and periodically, storage simply seems to stall or hang.  This has been going on for several months.

It can last up to 2 or 3 minutes and then recovers itself.  It's running Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server 2003.  It's at the SP2 level and Exchange server 2003 is also up to snuff.

What happens is that the RAID system just seems to go unresponsive for a while.  It has recovered so far but I've not been able to find any smoking guns.  The mail server appears on no blacklists.

I'm running ROOTKIT Revealer at the moment and we'll see about that.  The server is currently running Trend Micro Worry Free Business Security v8.  I'm also about to run hardware diagnostics but so far, I've not had any pointers except that on occasion, a request for some file on the RAID gets stalled -- sometimes, for as much as 3 minutes.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks

Edited by A Selene, 23 August 2014 - 04:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users