Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to install win7 32bit on laptop with only AHCI support

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kingshere

kingshere

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:13 PM

Hi

I have a Dell inspiron 5342 and want to install windows7 x86 ( 32bit) on it.

When i start to install OS,  the step 2 (where it extracts the files) goes till 57% and stops.

I checked google and found that it is dur to the AHCI controler and i would need to chage the bios to IDE support.

When i chekced the laptop BIOS it does not have support for IDE, and ONLY AHCI is in the list.

So i want to know how can i install a 32bit windows 7 with just AHCI support.

( I tried to install 64bit version and it install fine. I have a software which will work only on windows 7 32 bit so that is why i need windows 7 32 bit )

PLz Help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,588 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:47 PM

I think the problem is your media and not Windows 32bit which should install because it also has native AHCI drivers. You can download an iso from here that matches your version. Burn the disk and see if it installs. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users