Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Things that are supposed to be white are grey?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zekethegypsy

zekethegypsy

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:35 PM

I can't figure this problem out, and I've had it for a while now. For example, my word processor program displays the page as a grey color with a white font, and Thunderbird is predominantly grey as well. I'm not aware of any "night mode", and I was prety sure ecoMode didn't do anything like that. I've checked my display settings and nothing seems out of the ordinary, any help?

Windows 8.1

Toshiba Satelite C-55A

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:06 PM

That orange bar is an unusual colour for a Windows desktop which suggests you are using an unusual colour set. I am not for one moment suggesting there is anything wrong with your colour set choices, but this gray background may be part and parcel of that colour set.

These can be edited to quite an extent using 'Personalise'. It may be possible for you to keep the main colours but revert to a white background.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 zekethegypsy

zekethegypsy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:01 AM

It worked! I just had to change it, then change it back to orange (the objectively, scientifically proven best color without any doubt whatsoever, which is why I use it). I wonder why that was happening? Hmm. Regardless, thank you for the help, Chris!

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:43 PM

Never criticise a man on his choices of a wife. his horses or his colours !

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users