Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot refresh or reset or restore

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cyngarrison

cyngarrison

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:05 PM

Hello,

I have an Asus running windows 8. I am unable to refresh or restore my PC, it tells me a partition is missing. Doesn't anyone know how I can fix this. I have completely computer illiterate so I have no idea where to start.  

Also I checked diskmgmt in the cmd prompt and it shows that the recovery partition is there and healthy.

Edited by cyngarrison, 23 August 2014 - 02:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:19 PM

Also I checked diskmgmt in the cmd prompt and it shows that the recovery partition is there and healthy.

Post a screenshot of that page please so we can take a look.

#3 cyngarrison

cyngarrison
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:28 PM

Here you go

Attached Files

#4 kokomodrums

kokomodrums

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:42 PM

Did you create a recovery DVD or USB drive when you first got your computer? If not, you should be able to contact ASUS support and ask them to send you a recovery disk for your computer. They may or may not charge you a fee. You will be able to run the Windows 8 "Refresh" from the recovery disk.

You'll want to fix the recovery partition though, and I'm not sure if the recovery disk can/will fix the recovery partition (without having to factory reset the WHOLE drive). Hopefully someone else here can provide some insight on that.

-- Matt

#5 cyngarrison

cyngarrison
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:56 PM

I don't mind factory resting the entire drive. Everything I need is backed up. I did not create a recovery disk or USB because I didn't know there was a need for that. I can contact ASUS as the PC is only a few months old and still under warranty.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users