Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My internet connection keeps dying.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 synju

synju

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:09 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm having a serious problem trying to do anything worthwhile that uses the internet.

I've done a lot of google work and forum reading with zero success...

Here is my issue.

My internet connection keeps dying... Immediately... and its only on this laptop, everyone else in the house carries on just fine.

Every time I try watch Youtube, or use Skype, or run ANY Game whatsoever INCLUDING Solitaire right up to World of Warcraft or EVE Online or even DOTA or Anything at all... not even Age of Empires...

Whenever I launch any of these applications... My connection to the internet becomes "limited access"... Both wired and wireless.

I have an ACER Laptop, Windows 7, Aspire E1-531

THIS ONE!!!

http://www.acer.co.za/ac/en/ZA/content/model/NX.M12EA.009

Please, if anybody can help I'd really appreciate it!

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 23 August 2014 - 05:45 PM.
Moved to Networking

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Intalex

Intalex

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:10 PM

As you stated, the issue is limited to your laptop and not any other devices in your house.

Have you tried using your laptop at any other places other than your house?

What is your ISP?

Can you get online at all or do you only have issues with these specific sites?

Possible port forwarding issue..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users