I've been experiencing some strange issues that lead me to believe I may have some sort of infection. Here are the symptom's I'm seeing:
- Last night my network was having many, many network issues. I logged into my router and saw that my computer had 400 active connections. I was able to get it down by shutting down applications such as Chrome, Netflix, Spotify, Blizzard Battle.Net, instant messenger, Steam, and Origins. I ended up shutting my computer down and decided to look again in the morning.
- With the issues going on, web site access was happening very intermittently.
- When I got on my PC to see what the problem was I had a notice that the Origin client (EA game client) couldn't log on because it was logged on in another location. I've only got it installed on this computer.
- After the PC was shut down I reset my router and modem and connection seemed to be going fine.
- I woke up this morning and checked me email on my phone and found a message saying that my twitter password had been changed. I fired up my twitter app and was still able to connect. I went to twitter to try and force a log on and was able to connect with my old password. I looked through my feed an saw that my account had sent out about 20 spam messages in the middle of the night. I changed my password to be safe, but who knows if that'll do anything.
Anyway, I'm really worried something is going on. Can someone help me out?