Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Account password issues and network issues. Possible infection.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Urza

Urza

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:41 AM

Hello all,

I've been experiencing some strange issues that lead me to believe I may have some sort of infection. Here are the symptom's I'm seeing:

1. Last night my network was having many, many network issues. I logged into my router and saw that my computer had 400 active connections. I was able to get it down by shutting down applications such as Chrome, Netflix, Spotify, Blizzard Battle.Net, instant messenger, Steam, and Origins. I ended up shutting my computer down and decided to look again in the morning.
  2. With the issues going on, web site access was happening very intermittently.
  3. When I got on my PC to see what the problem was I had a notice that the Origin client (EA game client) couldn't log on because it was logged on in another location. I've only got it installed on this computer.
  4. After the PC was shut down I reset my router and modem and connection seemed to be going fine.
  5. I woke up this morning and checked me email on my phone and found a message saying that my twitter password had been changed. I fired up my twitter app and was still able to connect. I went to twitter to try and force a log on and was able to connect with my old password. I looked through my feed an saw that my account had sent out about 20 spam messages in the middle of the night. I changed my password to be safe, but who knows if that'll do anything.

Anyway, I'm really worried something is going on. Can someone help me out?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users