Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem starting up after latest update

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kennethnggg

kennethnggg

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:05 AM

I am writing here on behalf of a friend who is not physically near me. I am also not a very seasoned macbook user (only got one recently), which makes it hard for me to guide her through anything.

My friend who has a ~4 year-old macbook 13" updated the OS recently. However, after the update, the macbook became really laggy and the computer seems to be always loading something (with the rainbow wheel cursor). She could not do much with the computer (she wants to back up files into an external harddrive but it's too laggy) and there is also a noticeable clicking noise coming from the computer which wasn't there prior to the update.

Any suggestions to how she can resolve this? Is this a hardware issue (seeing that there is clicking noises from the computer)? Any ways she could back up her files before sending it for repair or something?

Kenneth

Edited by kennethnggg, 23 August 2014 - 01:34 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 staygold512

staygold512

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

A clicking noise does not sound good I would recommend trying to get into an Apple Store to have that looked at. With the slowness this might help http://support.apple.com/kb/PH10798. It would be a good idea to do a recent backup.  Sometimes there can be a preexisting issue with the HD that can go unnoticed until something like a OS upgrade. 

#3 kennethnggg

kennethnggg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:19 AM

thanks for the reply! my friend got it sent to Apple Store. Turn out the hard drive and batt was dying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users