Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Linux Infection

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:27 PM

I think I was infected by a website, one that I thought was ok by the content.

I ran a scan with rkhunter and chkrootkit, they both produced some negative stuff, one was malware of some-kind.  The others were warnings and such.

I tried to access the logfiles to be prepared but could not pull them up.  Can't believe I got infected with my new linux OS.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:48 AM

Since you are receiving help in this topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545432/linux-mint17-infection/ I am closing this one to avoid potential confusion. Please note that the preparation guide for posting in this forum is geared towards Windows OS's. Other tools are needed to diagnose Linux OS's.

Orange Blossom :cherry:

Edited by Orange Blossom, 24 August 2014 - 12:50 AM.

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users