Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Issues

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 justmeandmycomputer

justmeandmycomputer

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:26 PM

Can someome please help me. I having problems with my pages loading and stalling. I try to bring up a website from my bookmarks and it just stalls. But when I type the address in Google it stalls as well, Also, after the pages finally load the images are not all there, this is very frustrating too me because I am a student and sometimes I can't even access my student blackboard because of the way the pages are. I have ran scan after scan and something is preventing me from loading website pages.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,255 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:11 PM

Is the computer itself running slow, or just the Internet downloads? Could be a connection issue.

Are you using a wireless connection, or Ethernet? If wireless, how far away are you from the wireless router? Is anyone else logged into that router and using the Internet when your connection slows down? If you are using Ethernet, try using a different, and possibly shorter cable.

Do you know what kind of download and upload speeds you should be getting? Try running a speed test -- www.speedtest.net.

#3 justmeandmycomputer

justmeandmycomputer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:59 AM

[url=http://www.speedtest.net/my-result

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3710906964.png

I am also experiencing on most of my pages something about a script and the pages stall as well. I am not sure what is going on but yes the computer is very sluggish when trying to do anything.

I have a wireless connection using Netgear.

Edited by justmeandmycomputer, 24 August 2014 - 11:00 AM.

#4 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,255 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:09 AM

If you are getting script errors, and if the computer is just running sluggishly period, that indicates problems with the computer itself, not just the connection. Please post the full script error(s) and the browser(s) you are using when you get them, along with what operating system you are using and how much RAM you have installed.

To troubleshoot the wireless connection, how far away is your computer from the router? Can you move the computer closer to the router, or the router closer to the computer? Slow wireless connection speeds are often caused by something blocking the signal (anything from furniture to thick walls), being too far away from the router, or because multiple users are logged in and all are using something that takes up a fairly heavy amount of bandwidth.

#5 justmeandmycomputer

justmeandmycomputer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:36 PM

I am  trying to post the script message that I saved in word can you please tell me why I cant post it

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.( this is the message I get when trying to post my image)

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.( this is the message I get when trying to post script image)

#6 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,255 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:42 PM

Try copying the text from the document and paste it into your post. Certain types of files can't be added to the forum due to the risk that they might contain malware/viruses.

#7 justmeandmycomputer

justmeandmycomputer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:13 PM

BLEEP

Connection timed out

The initial connection between CloudFlare's network and the origin web server timed out. As a result, the web page can not be displayed.

• Ray ID: 15e34e34d0d30d01
  • Your IP address: 74.177.39.41
  • Error reference number: 522
  • CloudFlare Location: Atlanta

Here is one of the messages I recieved more than once.

#8 justmeandmycomputer

justmeandmycomputer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

#9 justmeandmycomputer

justmeandmycomputer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:19 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545342/internet-issues/

#10 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,255 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:57 PM

Based on the above error message, the problem is on CloudFlare's end, as they can't connect to the server you are trying to reach through them: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200171906-Error-522

CloudFlare is able to detect your IP address, 74.177.39.41, so you have a working Internet connection. You may want to talk with CloudFlare and ATT about troubleshooting this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users