Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ScanSnap scan to email Server Busy error

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 HelpDeskCyd

HelpDeskCyd

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:12 PM

Hey there, trying to figure this bugger out.

I have a client that called in, receiving an error when trying to scan to email. Clients steps:

*NOTE - outlook is open

Inserts document into scansnap scanner >>> Pushes scan button >>>

The scanning process begins on screen >>> Clicks "scan to email" in scansnap manager >>>

Email opens >>> within 10 seconds error appears

"Server Busy"

"This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose 'Switch To' to activate the busy program and correct the problem." 

Optional buttons are "Switch To..." and "Retry" ... "Cancel" is disabled.

Switch To does nothing, Retry does nothing.

I have ran ccleaner, antivirus scan, windows updates, updated MS Office 13, removed and reinstalled scansnap software.

I have provided a successful workaround as saving to the desktop and attaching to the email from there in outlook, but of course this isn't conveinent for users.

Running ScanSnap 1500, Outlook 2013, Windows 7 pro

Anywhere I've looked online is not really providing any help to the issue and any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Cyd

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:32 PM

Welcome,

Not familiar with the software but, with the scanner open and the document scanned, is it possible to open Outlook [or switch to Outlook] to complete the process. My experience with Outlook has been that everything added to it reduces its ability to function.

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 HelpDeskCyd

HelpDeskCyd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:03 AM

In order to access Outlook, user must open task manager and end the "scan to email" process.

#4 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:37 AM

Sounds like an incompatibility

I suspect that it might be easier to get ScanSnap to make an adjustment that it will be to get MS to change

Sorry I can't offer more hope

Dick E

#5 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,191 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:12 PM

Does this error only occur when using SnapScan and Outlook, or does it happen at other times when using Office 2013 as well?

When the error box appears, go into Event Viewer and check for logs that are created at that time. Copy and paste the description of any that point to Outlook or SnapScan, and post them here. Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer.

It appears another program or process is running and interfering with ScanSnap. Hopefully the properties will indicate which one it is.

Edited by sflatechguy, 25 August 2014 - 02:29 PM.

#6 HelpDeskCyd

HelpDeskCyd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:41 PM

RESOLVED

I finally got a resolution to this issue, installing ScanSnap Manager update from the Fujitsu website seems to do the trick:
http://www.fujitsu.com/global/support/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/scansnap/software/mg51.html

#7 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:42 PM

Excellent!

Glad to hear that you have a solution and that it works well for you.

:thumbsup:

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users