Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iPad e-mail

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kboaz2001

kboaz2001

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:18 PM

For some reason, my iPad quit receiving e-mail. It worked fine when I went to bed last night, but when I try to get my e-mail this morning it shows a " Cannot Get Mail, The connection to the server has failed." error message pops up. I am on my own wireless network, and everything else on the network works fine. I even tried a different network where I work, still the same message, it is an iPad air.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 24 August 2014 - 10:58 PM.
moved from Mac OS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 R0D3R1CK

R0D3R1CK

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:15 PM

You may want to look here for some basic suggestions.

There's also this directory of possible fixes. Note that the reply there includes some preliminary steps at the bottom of the post:

Try this first - Reset the iPad by holding down on the Sleep and Home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons. (This is equivalent to rebooting your computer.)

Or this - Delete the account in Mail and then set it up again. Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> Accounts Tap on the Account, then on the red button that says Remove Account.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. And if you find a solution, post it here so users who encounter this issue in the future can use this thread as a reference!

r0d3r1ck

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:11 PM

I would just try rebooting it (i.e. completely power it off by pressing and holding the power button until the "Slide to Power Off" thing comes up and then "sliding" it).

The other quick option is to turn on Airplane Mode (i.e. shut off WiFi) and then turn it back on. Every once and while iPhone goes a little screwy in terms of Internet use and this usually solves the problems…or the rebooting.

#4 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:19 AM

Mine does the same thing at times. Strange?

Edited by Beel, 25 August 2014 - 02:34 AM.

#5 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:54 PM

This sounds more like an issue with that particular email account. Depending on who your email provider is, doublecheck settings>mail, make sure the username and password are correct, and if you had to enter the server settings for that email account, make sure those are correct as well.

#6 Intalex

Intalex

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:29 PM

You might want to check with your ISP (if you are using their server settings).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users