Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Extreme RAM usage for no reason?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rikkert

Rikkert

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:17 PM

Hello,

Sorry if posted in wrong section, I'm new here and It's not a virus so I didn't really know where to post

I have a big issue with my RAM. Since some days it started using a massive amount of RAM for no apparant reason, slowing my computer down like hell and crashing programs for not having memory to run them.I have 4GB RAM total. Here is my task manager so you can see my running programs and the memory they use, which seems to be okay, but the total is still high as hell... I also constantly get some error that I should save and close programs because I'm almost out of RAM

Attached File  HighMemoryUsage.jpg   120.69KB   0 downloads

(I have Dutch computer so Memory = geheugen, but I guess thats pretty obvious)

I didn't count all the usage up, but that doesn't seem like 70% or sometimes even way more... up to 97% without me actually running anything :/

Oh and also my Disk (schijf) is always very very busy, even when doing nothing at all, any ideas?

Any ideas for fixes are appreciated!  :)

Kind regards,

Rikkert

EDIT: got atm 5 tabs of chrome, my antivirus and some Nvidia and windows processes running, that all and it uses 97% RAM

Edited by Rikkert, 22 August 2014 - 02:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:36 PM

I don't know if this thread gives you any ideas but I also had problems with running out of memory - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542383/possible-memory-leak-somewhere/

Something I would suggest checking is how much memory is marked as "Non-paged pool" which in my case was massive, several Gigabytes. You find this in the "Performance" tab in Task Manager under Memory.

7sbvuf-6.png

#3 Rikkert

Rikkert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:43 PM

Thanks, but I have only 202MB non paged pool, that seems okay?

EDIT: I'm now doing another virus scan, you never know, but I doubt that since I had already done one so keep the ideas coming, thanks :)

Edited by Rikkert, 22 August 2014 - 02:45 PM.

#4 Rikkert

Rikkert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:18 PM

The CleanMem tool seems to have slightly helped, it went down from 94% to 83%, still a massive amount for doing nothing...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users