Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Video Signal....power Supply Replaced

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ilcaa

ilcaa

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 04 June 2006 - 02:42 PM

The basic problem is i get "no video signal" on my screen.....

here is some background info:

I run XP home, computer was working FINE, no problems, 1 day it would not start. replaced power supply, and it now turns on, fans spin, i hear HD spinning, mother board connection in place BUT i have no video signal now....is there a monitor connection on the motherboard from the power supply that i missed? I dont see anything....what else could it possible be??? i tried 2 different monitors and same result...

any help greatly appreciated..thanks. MAX

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 04 June 2006 - 02:47 PM

There may be a power connector to the video card depending on the video card.

What is the brand and model of the new video card?

#3 ilcaa

ilcaa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2006 - 04:01 PM

its not a new video card.....its a new power supply that i installed...

#4 risk

risk

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2006 - 06:15 PM

its not a new video card.....its a new power supply that i installed...

This may be a silly question, but have you made sure that your monitor connects to your PC correctly? Generally there is only one place to connect your monitor, but sometimes there are two (if, for example, you have an integrated card and an expansion card). Try connecting your monitor to every place it can be connected to rule out this simple mistake.

If the problem persists don't worry about your PSU, worry about your mobo instead. Even if you have a crappy card and bad drivers, you should be able to at least boot into safe-mode. If you can't, you very well may have a serious problem... sorry!

risk

#5 ilcaa

ilcaa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2006 - 08:09 PM

yes I connected the monitor several times, i actually have 2different monitors....i also have another video card that was installed over 1 YEAR AGO and i was runnig 2 monitors PERFECTLY...i switched to 1 monitor about 6 months ago noproblems...my power supply was damaged i replaced it and now i have the "no video signal" problem....

#6 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2006 - 09:55 PM

What video card are you using?

#7 ilcaa

ilcaa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2006 - 10:16 AM

its a factory installed one and i have an additional one that i installed over 1 year ago...i have NEVER had video problems before, i tried both video adaptors and both give me the "no video signal"

again.....this ONLY happened AFTER i installed the new power supply, could it be it doesnt have enough power to juice up the monitors?? the factory was 250W and I purchased the same one...

the HD spins, the cd-rom opens, and its connected to the mobo properly....

#8 Uraiser

Uraiser

• Members
  • 254 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2006 - 01:29 PM

This could be, the new PSU you bought could not give off enough voltage but be the same wattage.. If you dont mind me asking, why did you buy the same PSU?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users