Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

best free licensing antivirus software

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 pravin007techno

pravin007techno

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:19 AM

hi all,

while i'm searching for the best antivirus software to my home usage to get minimum protection at low cost!

anyone suggect their best things towards my issues? hope for the best protective reply! thinking you. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:07 AM

while i'm searching for the best antivirus software to my home usage to get minimum protection at low cost!

Hello -

First I do hope that the above is a typo and you mean "to get Maximum protection at a reasonably low cost"

As you have not even listed your Operating System and the many other details that make this "Your Computer" it is a problem that can not even be considered.

If you do get any ideas put up at the moment, they will only be "Personal Opinions" only and not "Fully Gauged" responses.

There are about 100 (or more) antivirus programs out there, all looking for your dollar, and all claiming the best "Bang for your Buck"

My current personal opinion is to quickly review your choices, and then over 90% of programs offer a Free (usually) 30 to 60 day trial. Use this time to see if the program meets your expectations, and you can purchase it after your Free Trial ends. If the program has not met your hopes, then uninstall it and select another program that you think you would like.

If you have further questions please do not hesitate to ask, but a specific program can not be offered from your details.

Also there are Antimalware programs to run beside / with an Antivirus program in free or paid versions.

I do hope you understand ..........why not 1 program will suit all computers (cost / matching / inclusions / exclusions / ETC / ETC -

Thanking You -

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:33 AM

There is no universal "one size fits all" solution that works for everyone and there is no single best anti-virus. Every vendor's virus lab and program scanning engine is different. Each has has its own strengths and weaknesses and they often use a mix of technologies to detect and remove malware. In many cases choosing an anti-virus is a matter of personal preference and what works best on a particular system. You may need to experiment and find the one most suitable for your needs.

Please read:
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 pravin007techno

pravin007techno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:23 PM

thank you mr.noknojon

as your suggection is good to my issues! why i specified minimum protection means.....for few days i used avast antivirus and got a license key from the avast group with the help of a mail later, i activated with that key....ts detecting malwares any virus issues when i use pendrivers and other things with my pc and keep on updating the antivirus daily, its working fine. but when i used it for a mouth without internet connection its just scanning but not detecting the virus and other malware things. so, i thought of taking a low cost antivirus software and i got one good antivirus review from a site too. once you to see and tell me its relate to my issues...bacause i m normal techno user, i need to get good reviews to ssues or problem then i can freely take decesions. hope you got my full headache reason. get me a late feed to get end up with this issue! thanking you!  

#5 pravin007techno

pravin007techno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:25 PM

sir quietman7,

its good had opening up of my mind with your review, really a good feedback sir,

thanks for the reply! feeling good.

#6 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:10 AM

"best" is a hard word to quantify and even if you do one finds that over time test results (new ones published every few months) show different antivirus programs dipping and rising. there are plenty of free antivirus and security tools, i use avg and mbam. it would be nice if a best one could exist so one would now what to choose, but do you think other companies would let it be best for very long? some of your grammar is a little hard to follow but it seems your "minimum protection" request is because you have legit things being detected as false positives, for dealing with that you don't want minimum protection, you want good protection and the option to set up a "whitelist" type thing. 

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,597 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:59 AM

sir quietman7,
thanks for the reply! feeling good.

You're welcome.

#8 pravin007techno

pravin007techno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:34 PM

yes! rp88

as you said i need good protection, you also specified that day to day time antivirus products are raising and dipping, so in such difficulty times its important to take suggestion on different antivirus software which is going to stay medium ranking or performance range!  if you got my point which i hope so, let me give a suggestion to my issues by giving a product name. thanking you for your Patience! 

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,597 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:29 AM

The security community is in a constant state of change as new infections appear and it takes time for them to be reported, samples collected, analyzed, and tested by anti-virus vendors before they can add a new threat to database definitions.

#10 Todd Solis

Todd Solis

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:02 AM

There are a wide variety of numbers of antivirus available in the market and to choose best among them is definitely not an easy task. Regarding antivirus, nothing could be good or bad rather than individual choice and personal experience. Also, nothing can fit as a complete solution. For myself, I am using Optimo AV pc security shield which is useful and fit for my home usage purpose. 

#11 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,597 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:48 AM

Choosing an anti-virus is a matter of personal preference, your needs, your technical ability and experience, features offered, user friendliness, ease of updating (and upgrading to new program release), ease of installation/removal, availability of quality/prompt technical support from the vendor and price. Other factors to consider include detection rates and methods, scanning engine effectiveness, how often virus definitions are updated, the amount of resources the program utilizes, how it may affect system performance and what will work best for your system. A particular anti-virus that works well for one person may not work as well for another.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users