Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Succes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SHABBONA RR

SHABBONA RR

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:58 PM

No matter what I do I cannot create a root file so I can install Linux Mint 17 on my laptop.I don't know what I'm missing, I've watched the b video several times, but I still don't get it. Am I dumb beyond redemption, or what. This my first post

Shabbona rr

Edited by hamluis, 21 August 2014 - 07:02 PM.
Moved from Introductions to Linux - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,881 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:44 PM

Dam I just posted for you and lost it lol omg.  I dont know what the b video is but you will have to give some more info. so that people can help you.  Link us to the vid you are relying on.  And no, you are not dumb, it is probably all just foreign to you as it was me a few months ago.  The installer is quite easy to use just be careful as to which video you are using, some of them are not very good and might not address your exact situation.

You will probably be best off if you wait on someone to help you so you don't crash your whole system, and make sure you have a backup of some kind.

Did ya do some research on which one would be best for your system?

Are you installing along side of another OS?

Did you download an ISO, check the sum, then create a LiveCD, then boot from that CD, then choose "Install" from the Desktop?

This would be the easiest way.

Don't forget to Defrag your HDD before install?

Here is a link to the Linux Mint user guide, I forget if there is much on the install but it will be of great help:  http://www.linuxmint.com/documentation.php

Don't forget to use youtube and try to watch as many as you can to see which one is telling you what you need.

Here is a pretty good person to watch install, look for more of his vids:  

We will find you more soon, maybe even tonight for others, but I gotta go now.

Edited by pcpunk, 21 August 2014 - 10:46 PM.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#3 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:21 PM

Hi  SHABBONA RR and :welcome:  to BC.

First up what sort of laptop is it?

How much ram?

Processor?

What OS is or was installed?

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users