Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MSVCR110.dll

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Agapelux

Agapelux

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

Hey guys,

I'm having an issue when trying to update my Flash player. Whenever I attempt to start the installer, I get the following message, "The program can't start because MSVCR110.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." As prompted, I re-downloaded the installer, and I get the same message. Also, whenever I attempt to close the window with this message, the window pops up again. Is this the result of some type of malware on my system? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 scotty_ncc1701

scotty_ncc1701

• Members
  • 520 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:25 PM

You didn't specify what OS you're running.  MSVCR110.dll is part of the Microsoft Visual C Redistributable 2010.  Click below, select the version (e.x. x86 or x64), and install it, then try your flash player install again.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/search/DownloadResults.aspx?q=Microsoft+Visual+C%2b%2b+Redistributable+2010

The Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package installs runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries required to run applications developed with Visual C++ 2010 on a computer that does not have Visual C++ 2010 installed.

Have a great day!

:bananas: :bounce:

#3 Agapelux

Agapelux
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:21 PM

You didn't specify what OS you're running.  MSVCR110.dll is part of the Microsoft Visual C Redistributable 2010.  Click below, select the version (e.x. x86 or x64), and install it, then try your flash player install again.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/search/DownloadResults.aspx?q=Microsoft+Visual+C%2b%2b+Redistributable+2010

The Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package installs runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries required to run applications developed with Visual C++ 2010 on a computer that does not have Visual C++ 2010 installed.

Have a great day!

Right! Sorry, Scotty. My OS is Windows 7 Hom Premium 64-bit.

#4 scotty_ncc1701

scotty_ncc1701

• Members
  • 520 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:32 PM

Still the same.  Go to M$ (link above) and pick the one you need

Have a great day!

#5 Agapelux

Agapelux
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:01 PM

Okay, I just attempted to reinstall MSVCR 2010. I got the option to repair the version I had installed, or to uninstall my current version. I've tried both at this point and I'm getting the same result. Also, if this helps at all, when I try to scan the Flash installer with Bitdefender I'm getting a message that the installer is password protected. I've never had this happen when scanning an installer. Is there any more information anyone would need to help out? If so, just let me know.

P.S.- Thanks for your help so far, Scotty! At least we're getting the wheels turning. = P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users