Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Urgent Help Needed: My Sony Connect Player Wont Work!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sonyLIE!

sonyLIE!

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 04 June 2006 - 01:53 PM

PLEASE HELP! I AM GOING AWAY SOON , AND I NEED! MUSIC TO LISTEN TO!
UP UNTIL RECENTLY MY SONY MP3 WALKMAN HAS BEEN WORKING FINE, BUT FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON IT ALL OF A SUDDEN HAD WIPED ALL OF MY MUSIC OFF ITSELF. THIS WAS AFTER MY SONY CONNECT PLAYER, HAD WIPED ALL OF THE MUSIC OF IT'S LIBRARY TOO. SO THEN I WENT THROUGH A FRENZY OF TRANSFERRING MUSIC FROM MY SISTERS LAPTOP, TO MY MUSIC DOCUMENTS. THIS WORKED FINE, BUT NOW, MY SONY CONNECT PLAYER WON'T FRIGGIN' LOAD!, THEREFORE I AM UNABLE TO TRANSFER ANY MUSIC TO MY MP3 WALKMAN!
I HAVE TRIED RE-INSTALLING IT BUT IT WONT LET ME.

im sorry if i seem rude and shouty, but i REALLY need this music fast!

any help would be greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 risk

risk

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 04 June 2006 - 06:22 PM

PLEASE HELP!

First, you need to take a deep breath and relax. Using all-caps and vague descriptions won't help.

Next, please explain the exact problem you're having. It sounds like your MP3 player lost all its data, and that you attempted to reload everything manually afterward with no success. Is this true? If so:

1.) What MP3 player do you have? Exact Sony model would be nice.
2.) What service did you use to d/l or transfer music originally? Napster, iTunes, etc? Did you use Media Player? Did you own the songs or were you "renting" them?
3.) Is your MP3 player under warranty? Because my gut tells me that your issue is a hardware one (i.e. your player is fubar'd) and not a software one.

risk

#3 sonyLIE!

sonyLIE!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2006 - 12:09 PM

PLEASE HELP!

First, you need to take a deep breath and relax. Using all-caps and vague descriptions won't help.

Next, please explain the exact problem you're having. It sounds like your MP3 player lost all its data, and that you attempted to reload everything manually afterward with no success. Is this true? If so:

1.) What MP3 player do you have? Exact Sony model would be nice.
2.) What service did you use to d/l or transfer music originally? Napster, iTunes, etc? Did you use Media Player? Did you own the songs or were you "renting" them?
3.) Is your MP3 player under warranty? Because my gut tells me that your issue is a hardware one (i.e. your player is fubar'd) and not a software one.

risk

sorry,
in answer to your questions:
1) nw a3000
2)ummm im not quite sure what you mean here, but my library from which i transferred music to my mp3 player, was sony connect player.
3)im not sure sorry. ( i m quite sure it probably is though)

#4 sonyLIE!

sonyLIE!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2006 - 11:27 AM

also, i have heard that alot of the time, u can just uninstall and then re-install connectplayer (or sonic stage) , when it stops working. i have tried to remove it, but it says that ''the windows installer service could not be accesed''

what is windows installer service, and how can i fix this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users