Can anyone help a fairly non-tech savvy person please?
• Dell Inspiron 7720 laptop.
• Windows 8.1 64-bit, all MS updates applied.
• iTunes 126.96.36.199
• iPhone 5s, with iOS 7.1.2
After connecting the iPhone to the laptop via USB, iTunes displayed the error message above and I was unable to sync. The only thing I'm aware of doing since the last sync is changing my Apple ID password.
Having looked at numerous sites, I've tried the following:
• Rebooting the laptop and iPhone and reconnecting both several times
• Ensuring iTunes and iOS are the latest versions
• In iTunes, going to Edit > Preferences > Devices > Reset Sync History
• Opening Task Manager and stopping any Apple service. Then go to C:\users\%username%\appdata\roaming\apple computer and renaming the SyncServices folder to SyncServices_old
• Searched for files called sqlite3.dll (or similar) in Windows\System32 and Windows\SysWOW64 to rename them to '.old' but was unable to find them
• Uninstall all Apple programs (iTunes, iCloud, Bonjour, etc). Remove any folders with 'Apple', 'iTunes' or 'iCloud' in the name. Reboot laptop. Run CCleaner cleaner and Registry sweep. Download and install iTunes.
• Update and run antivirus scan (Windows Defender) and Malwarebytes.