Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SoundBlaster X-fi

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ArthBrah

ArthBrah

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:19 AM

i just upgraded to windows 7

now i just realised that my sound blaster x-fi is not working did some googling others are having the problem also. 

on the cd it doesnt mention windows 7 it just mentions windows 2k/xp so im guessing windows 7 wasnt even out when i got this.

build version is 5.12.15.1144

is there any way i can get this working on windows 7?  like drivers download or something

such a shame if i cant use this!  :thumbdown:

thanks guys

Edited by ArthBrah, 21 August 2014 - 10:21 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,885 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

Within WIN7 control panel is the ADD hardware option, this should find your card and let it search the internet for the driver.  If it can't find the card, select the card manually and see if that finds the right driver.

#3 ArthBrah

ArthBrah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:07 AM

Within WIN7 control panel is the ADD hardware option, this should find your card and let it search the internet for the driver.  If it can't find the card, select the card manually and see if that finds the right driver.

Thanks for reply.

i update the driver and windows says the driver is up to date..

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:33 PM

There is no yellow exclamation mark next to the sound card in Device Manager? What is the model number or the the X-fi? There a number of different models shown on soundblasters site.

Check to see if the audio service is enabled.

#5 ArthBrah

ArthBrah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:01 AM

There is no yellow exclamation mark next to the sound card in Device Manager? What is the model number or the the X-fi? There a number of different models shown on soundblasters site.

Check to see if the audio service is enabled.

nope.. the sound works on my computer, just the software doesnt work im guessing its not compatible with windows 7.. but was wondering if there anything that can fix that on the www 

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,642 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:53 AM

I am not familiar with the software. Have you tried installing it in compatibility mode?

#7 ArthBrah

ArthBrah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:59 PM

nope im still unable to use it.

the software comes with the sound card

Could have 3 modes , game mode,audio creation mode, entertainment mode

was wondering.. would i be able to use the software from later soundblaster card with my soundcard?

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,642 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:26 AM

Are you talking about WaveStudio? Here is the version for Windows 7 I am not sure if it will work for your card. This is for the PCI Express X-Fi Titanium but hopefully it will work for you.

WAVESTD_PCAPP_LB_7_14_01.exe

This download contains the Creative WaveStudio application for Windows® 7, Windows Vista® and Windows XP. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.

WaveStudio

WaveStudio manages and performs all your sound editing tasks easily. With WaveStudio you can:

• play, edit, and record 8-bit, 16-bit, and 24-bit wave data.
  • enhance your wave data or create unique sounds with various special effects and editing operations.  
  • open and edit several audio files simultaneously.
  • open RAW, WMA and WAV data files.

Requirements:

• Microsoft® Windows 7 64-bit or 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit or 32-bit with Service Pack 1, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows XP Media Center Edition (MCE) 2005 or Windows XP MCE 2004
  • Windows Media® Player
  • Microsoft DirectX® 9.0 or later

Notes:

• To install the file
    1. Download the file onto your local hard disk.
    2. Close all other Windows applications.
    3. Double-click the downloaded file.
    4. Follow the instructions on the screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users