EDIT - scottfer, please start a New Topic in Am I Infected area of the forum ... Thanks -
Hi Barry -
If this is moved to Am I Infected, you can still follow it from the Windows 8 link.
I did see this earlier, but was other-wise tied up, as you know.
I did not check your programs yet, but please start here.
These are to check if you are updated and see if there are problem programs .........
Try to download all programs to desktop and Copy and Paste all logs.
Download Screen317 Security Check and save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt
* Please Copy/Paste the contents of that document.
Note:: If any security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do
If you have problems, please continue -
Please download MiniToolBox to desktop to run it.
Checkmark the following boxes:
- List content of Hosts
- Flush DNS
- Report IE Proxy Settings
- Reset IE Proxy Settings
- Report FF Proxy Settings
- Reset FF Proxy Settings
- List last 10 Event Viewer log
- List Installed Programs
- List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
Click Go and Copy / Paste the result. (result.txt)
Next a quick clean up.
Please download and run RKill by Grinler.
A black DOS box will appear for a short time and then disappear.
This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
At most the tool will usually run for about 2 minutes
Please Copy / Paste the small log back here.
Important: Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.
* NOW :
Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
* Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
* Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
* Click on the Scan button only once to ensure a correct reading
* AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
* After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
* Check the removals and see if you are OK with the list.
* Click on the Clean button only once to ensure a correct reading
* Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
* Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
* After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
* Copy and Paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
* A copy of all logfiles are also saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
If you have .MalwareBytes Anti-Malware installed, please update it and run a scan.
If not please tell me.
Last program -
Run ESET Online Scanner.
You may need to Temporarily Disable your Antivirus
- Hold down Control and click on This Link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
- Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.
- For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
- Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu. to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu icon on your desktop.
- Click the Start button.
- Accept any security warnings from your browser.
- Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives and Remove Threats"
- Click Advanced settings and select the following:
Scan potentially unwanted applications
Scan for potentially unsafe applications
Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
- When the scan completes, click List Threats
- Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
- Click the Back button.
- Click the Finish button.
NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.
I need to clean up my fish tank, so I will be back in about 1 hour or so to check.
Edited by noknojon, 21 August 2014 - 05:59 PM.