Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I HATE COMPUTERS...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chad.m

chad.m

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:46 PM

so, my ms office crashed after the temporary subscription expired, so I tried to "reset" my asus, and just uninstall office, but it gave me the error code 80004005, and said the action couldn't be completed because a partition was missing from my hardrive, and asus is gonna charge me 150$ to fix it, when I haven't deleted any major programs. and now, my windows os says it cant be activated, and it wont even let me refresh the os because it says that the drive that windows os is stored in is locked and I need to unlock it, error code 0xC004F012.....WTF?! anyone have some help? im not too savvy with computers, and I think its b#@%25%^&*t that asus wants to charge me that much to fix a problem that im pretty sure was something inherent to the windows 8 os.

Mod edit
Remove link to some thing that wants to install. I consider that unsafe ~~ boopme

Edited by boopme, 20 August 2014 - 08:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Plumber

Plumber

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:49 PM

I know this won't help but I bought an Asus desktop and after 4 months ran over it with my truck.IMO Asus is a piece of crap and tried 2 weeks to get tech.support with no luck.So good luck!

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:12 PM

@ Plumber,

Am I meant to feel better about my acer desktop with similar support ??

For some reason, most of the producers that include Win 8 are not sure of their own product these days.

I did say MOST as there are a few that can help.

#4 Plumber

Plumber

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:42 PM

I have a few friends that have Asus and same thing,next to none on tech.support.Maybe shouldn't have made the first statement cuz me thinks it's the UEFI/Legacy crap that confuses people

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users