Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Shutdown a MAC from Windows?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dannieboiz

dannieboiz

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:21 PM

I have a UPS my server 2012 box (host) and an Imac connected to the UPS is a cyberpower CP1000AVLCD I want to be able to shutdown both devices when power goes out. Anyone know how to do this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:24 AM

To my understanding the UPS has both a USB and Serial port for management. For the UPs to communicate with the software you hook up a usb cable and install the software and configure the management software to you liking. It uses the Power panel personal edition software. http://www.cyberpowersystems.com/products/management-software/pppe.html Does this answer your question?

Edited by technonymous, 02 September 2014 - 01:25 AM.

#3 splico

splico

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:05 PM

It is actually quite simple solution. All you need to do is install Putty and go through CMD commands for it so you can automate remote shutdown of Mac without password prompt. Set the script as shutdown script on Windows PC and every time you shutdown Windows it will turn off and Mac but hey you have what you want.

Something like this:

putty.exe -ssh -2 -l username -pw password -m c:remote.cmd hostname

It is missing remote shutdown command for Mac but I think you will manage to find.

Shutdown script could be either through Group Policy or as Scheduled task also this second not 100% sure.

Edited by splico1985, 05 December 2014 - 06:12 PM.

"Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
User: What's your computer doing on mine?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users